Recipe by n_marae
This is basically jello, but it is the most incredible jello you will ever taste! We will never be able to go back to regular jello!!
Top Review by TastyYarns
This was fantastic! The only person who didn't like it was my nephew, and he hates sweets. The only thing I changed was reserving some of the whipped topping and I served it on top.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pears (drain liquid and save for step 1)
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (1 ounce) package whipped dessert topping mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring pear liquid to a boil.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool at room temperature until syrupy.
- Meanwhile, puree pears in a blender.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy and smooth. Add pureed pears and mix well.
- Prepare whipped topping according to package directions.
- Fold whipped topping into pear mixture.
- Fold in cooled gelatin.
- Pour into an 4 1/2 cup mold (I usually just pour into a 9x13 size pan).
- Chill overnight (preferable) or several hours at least.