Recipe by mmm29
This simple but delicious recipe is amazing! I use a corned beef brisket (discarding the little package of spices that usually comes with it.) It is very good served with red new potatoes and red cabbage. The leftover beef is perfect for Reuben sandwiches. This is one of our family favorites.
Top Review by Halcyon Eve
We got this same recipe from the recipe booklet that came with one of our crockpots. We just love it! We use fresh brisket. After it's done, I shred it, toss it in the crockpot with barbecue sauce, and warm it up. Then I serve it on rolls, alone or with slices of cheese. Delicious! I'd misplaced the recipe, so we haven't had it in a long time. Thanks for posting, mmm29--I'm happy to be able to make this again!
- 1 large beef brisket (or Corned Beef Brisket)
- 1⁄4 cup liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place brisket on large piece of aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle generously with ¼ c of liquid smoke and ½ teaspoon each: Celery salt, garlic salt and onion powder.
- Wrap well and put into Crock-Pot.
- Cover; cook on Low 8 to 12 hours (High: 4 to 6 hours).
- Serve warm with juices over each slice.