Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
PER SERVING (1/5th of recipe, about 2/3 cup): 82 calories, 1g fat, 168mg sodium, 16g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g sugars, 3g protein -- POINTS® value 1* Mixing cauliflower and potato is a GREAT way to get true mashed potato taste and texture, with a healthier, lower calorie spin. Woohoo! From the Hungry Girl website.
- 1 (13 ounce) potatoes
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon light butter, whipped (or light buttery spread)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (with additional salt and pepper to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, crushed (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, peel and cube the potato.
- Once water is boiling, add peeled potato cubes and cauliflower. Wait for the water to return to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes (until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender).
- Remove the pot from heat and strain out all of the water. Transfer contents to a large bowl, and add half & half, butter/buttery spread, salt, and (if you like) crushed garlic. Mash it all together with a potato masher, until completely blended. Season to taste with pepper and additional salt. Enjoy!
Can I give this more than 5 stars? I forgot to put the garlic in, but will try it with it next time.These were so good. Thanks for sharing.
Great! My in-laws didn't even know there was cauliflower in this! So good and healthy too. Thanks!