Recipe by senseicheryl
From Hungry Girl: "Our famous "Girlfredo" sauce has made the leap from noodles to pizza. Yee-haa!!!" PER SERVING (entire pizza): 229 calories, 3g fat, 775mg sodium, 35g carbs, 10g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 20.5g protein -- POINTS. value 4*
For the Crust
- 1⁄4 cup Fiber One cereal (original)
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1⁄4 cup oats (regular not instant)
For the Toppings
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, fresh & coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom, chopped
- 4 slices red onions
- 1⁄4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded (or 1/2 wedge Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese)
- 1 teaspoon nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the cheese wedge half, sour cream and garlic in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds. Add 1/2 tablespoons water and a dash each of salt & pepper, and then mix to combine. This is your Alfredo sauce. Set aside.
- Place Fiber One and oats in a blender, and grind until a breadcrumb-like consistency is reached. In a small bowl, combine the "breadcrumb" mixture with egg substitute. Add a little salt & pepper, if you like. Mix well.
- Bring a pan sprayed with non stick spray to medium heat on the stove. Spoon crust mixture into the pan and, using the back of the spoon, smooth into a circular shape (larger for a thin crust, smaller for a thick crust). Raise heat to medium-high. Spray a spatula on both sides with nonstick spray. Allow crust to cook until the bottom is lightly browned (about 2 minutes), and then gently flip with the spatula. Once both sides are lightly browned, remove crust from the pan, and place it on a plate to cool.
- Remove the pan from heat and re-spray with nonstick spray. Return it to medium heat on the stove. Add the spinach and mushrooms and cook until spinach has wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread Alfredo sauce evenly onto the crust, leaving a border of about half an inch. Evenly distribute spinach and mushroom mixture over the sauce, and sprinkle mozzarella evenly over the veggies. Top with red onion and sprinkle with paprika.
- Place pizza on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray (or directly on the oven rack), and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Cut into quarters, and mange!