Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe is from the www.hungrygirl.com website: "Prepare to get seriously stuffed. Like this pepper..." (Entire recipe: 250 calories, 1.75g fat, 1,080mg sodium, 40.5g carbs, 9g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 25.5g protein = 4 Points) HG Alternative! Downsize this yum-tastic dish by using a medium-large pepper and omitting the rice. Nutritionals would then be 190 calories, 1.25g fat, and 7.75g fiber (3 Points). *If using BOCA patty add 10 calories, 10mg sodium, and a gram of fiber to the total.
- 1 large red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Boca meatless ground burger (or 1 BOCA Original Meatless Burger, defrosted)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon taco seasoning mix, dry
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce, canned
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- If using the Boca patty, chop it up into very small pieces. Stir to combine all ingredients except for the pepper; set aside.
- Slice the top off of the pepper and then slice it in half lengthwise; remove seeds, wash and dry. Place pepper halves in a small baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray and cook for 15 minutes.
- Next, remove pepper halves from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Evenly spoon mixture into pepper halves and return to oven for 20 more minutes. Allow to cool slightly before digging inches.