1/3 Photos of Hershey's Syrup Brownies
There are a couple other recipes for these brownies, but mine is different. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law more than 15 years ago. All I know is they are called Hershey Syrup Brownies and they are very moist, rich and delicious. I make them whenever I am asked to bring brownies to a potluck. The fudgy icing make these brownies very rich. Feel free to omit the icing if you don't want them as rich. The brownies themselves are very moist and chocolaty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes, melt in microwave)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can Hershey's syrup
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch pan or jelly roll/brownie pan.
- 2After melting butter in microwave, cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs, one at a time and beating well after each addition.
- 3Add vanilla extract.
- 4Add flour, mix well.
- 5Add Hershey syrup, mix well.
- 6Add chopped nuts, if using.
- 7Pour batter into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until brownies test done with a toothpick.
- 8When the brownies are almost done baking, prepare icing.
- 9Bring to boil in the microwave, the butter, cocoa and 1 T. milk.
- 10In a mixing bowl, add confectioners' sugar. Add the cocoa mixture to the sugar and beat well. Add 1 t. vanilla extract. Add the rest of the milk. Add enough to get the desired spreading consistency.
- 11Let brownies cool about 5-10 minutes. Spread icing on brownies. Sprinkle with some more chopped nuts, if desired. The icing will harden to a fudge-like consistency.
- 12Let brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hershey's Syrup Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 61.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g