1/1 Photo of Heringstopf Mit Saurer Sahne (Herring Salad with Sour Cream)
I grew up in North-Rhine Westphalia, in Germany, where this is eaten quite regularly. I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar as it didn't have a home and I thought it'd be nice to actually make this recipe, also known as Herringsstip, as I usually just buy it ready made. I'll update once I've made it, but if you make it before me, please let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Blend thoroughly sour cream, yogurt, lemon juice and sugar.
- 4Peel onions and cut into thin slices.
- 5Peel and quarter apples, remove cores and cut into thin wedges.
- 6Blend onions and apples with sauce.
- 7In a dish arrange herring and apple-onion mixture in layers.
- 8Cover tightly and marinate in refrigerator for 5 hours.
- 9Sprinkle with dill before serving.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heringstopf Mit Saurer Sahne (Herring Salad with Sour Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (589 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.5
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 250.0 mg
- Sodium 377.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 69.6 g