Recipe by Julesong
The Herbfarm Restaurant is located in Woodinville, Washington. Each week, the award-winning restaurant chooses the best from farm, forest, and sea to create thematic 9-course dinners showcasing the Pacific Northwest. In October 2001, Gourmet Magazine ranked The Herbfarm among "America's Best 50 Restaurants."
- 1 1⁄2 cups skinned and seeded roasted red peppers (from the jar is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, roasted and skinned (filberts)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (scant)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except for the oil in a food processor or blender and whir until the nuts are finely ground.
- Turn the machine off and scrape down the sides.
- Replace lid, turn the machine on, and then using the chute add in the oil in a steady thin stream and process until sauce is mixed well and has the consistency of a thick salad dressing.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with an excellent cheese such as asagio shavings or gorgonzola.