Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This make makes a great snack, the recipe is easy to double. The recipe comes from Better Homes Gardens Diabetes cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup salted roasted roasted soybeans, if using unsalted nuts add a little salt to the chili powder
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried carrots or 2 tablespoons dried whole corn or 2 tablespoons dried peas
- In a small bowl stir together oil, chili powder, basil, oregano, and garlic powder; Add soy and pumpkins seeds; toss to coat.
- Spread the mixture in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until soy nuts are toasted, stirring after 10 minutes; Stir in dried vegetables, enjoy.
I made these quite awhile ago and ate them so fast I forgot to review them. They were great and the kids enjoyed them, but picked their favorite things out...kids will be kids! I did leave out the chili powder as they arent fans..but it turned out great anyway!