Barb Gertz's Note:
This make makes a great snack, the recipe is easy to double. The recipe comes from Better Homes Gardens Diabetes cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1/3 cup salted roasted roasted soybeans, if using unsalted nuts add a little salt to the chili powder
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried carrots or 2 tablespoons dried whole corn or 2 tablespoons dried peas
- 1In a small bowl stir together oil, chili powder, basil, oregano, and garlic powder; Add soy and pumpkins seeds; toss to coat.
- 2Spread the mixture in a shallow baking pan.
- 3Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until soy nuts are toasted, stirring after 10 minutes; Stir in dried vegetables, enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Soy Nuts and Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.9 g