A delicious and different gift idea from Christmas with Southern Living 2004. They only a take 20 to 25 minutes in the oven and once cooled can be put in a nice gift bag or jar for giving as a gift.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups cashews
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a large bowl toss all ingredients together until well combined.
- Spread on a large ungreased cookie sheet or jellyroll pan and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes; stirring evey 10 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan, when cool store in an airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is a super easy and extremely flavourful way of preparing roasted nuts. They smell sooooooo great when baking in the oven and the taste is just wonderful! All the herbs go so well with the roasted nuts and the red cayenne pepper adds a little zing. Very yummy! :) I used only 1 tbs of melted butter as it was enough to coat all the nuts and I was afraid I would have too much butter left over if using the 1/3 cup. Also I was out of sage, so I added sweet basil, which worked out nicely. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this delicious recipe with us, Paula. My dad is in snack nuts heaven right now. ;) Made and reviewed for the 8th Annual Photo Swap February 2010.