1/5 Photos of Herbed Potato Stew
This is a delicious Bulgarian stew with rosemary and sage with a nice mild flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 large potato, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (cannellini)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender about 5 minutes. Add small amounts of water in necessary, about a tablespoon at a time to prevent sticking.
- 2Add stewed tomatoes, potato, broth, rosemary, and sage. Mix well.
- 3When mixture boils, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 4Add beans, salt and pepper. Simmer covered, 15 minutes more.
- 5Spoon into serving bowls and top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Potato Stew
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 430.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: