This is a delicious Bulgarian stew with rosemary and sage with a nice mild flavor.
Make and share this Herbed Potato Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 large potato, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (cannellini)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender about 5 minutes. Add small amounts of water in necessary, about a tablespoon at a time to prevent sticking.
- Add stewed tomatoes, potato, broth, rosemary, and sage. Mix well.
- When mixture boils, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add beans, salt and pepper. Simmer covered, 15 minutes more.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
I used lots of leftover vegies in this plus an extra potato and it worked out well - great mid week meal, very filling and enjoyable. Loved the cheese on top too.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #58* twas a chilly, damp night -- just right for a warm pot of stew and biscuits ! I followed the recipe except for adding additional potato and broth. It took a little longer than I expected for the potatoes to soften, but the aroma made up for it ! All the flavors melded nicely, and I DID have enough for another meal. Thanks for posting, morgaingeiser.
My dh & I both enjoyed this delicious stew. It was chocked full of flavor, was quick and easy to make and is good for you. I used fresh herbs and a good quality parmesan cheese. What a taste exerience. Thank you for sharing your recipe morgainegeiser.