- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 large potato, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (cannellini)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender about 5 minutes. Add small amounts of water in necessary, about a tablespoon at a time to prevent sticking.
- Add stewed tomatoes, potato, broth, rosemary, and sage. Mix well.
- When mixture boils, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add beans, salt and pepper. Simmer covered, 15 minutes more.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.