Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From one of my old recipe cards. I have no idea where I copied it from!
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- Mix rosemary, sage, garlic, salt and pepper together and rub this into the pork chops.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and saute the chops for 5 minutes, turning once. Add the water and cover.
- Lower the heat and simmer until all the water has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Romove the cover and brown the chops on both sides.
- Add the vermouth and cook until most of it has evaporated and the chops are tender, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.