Prep 40 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a simple pizza dough and it doesn't take all day either. The only appliance I used was my stand mixer with the dough hook!
- Preheat your oven to roughly 150 degrees. Just enough to make it warm enough to cause the dough to rise well. Then turn your oven off as soon as it heats up.
- Add all the above ingredients in the order above into your stand mixing bowl. Mix using a dough hook until it forms a ball. Place it in an oiled bowl and cover with a cloth. Place in the warm oven for about 30 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- When dough has doubled, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the dough in desired shape. You may need to flour your surface and rolling pin to prevent sticking. I usually just sprinkle my baking sheet (or stone) with corn meal and garlic salt and just press out my dough.
- Add your favorite toppings and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes depending on the size of pizza you're making. Should just be bubbly.
- Enjoy with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
First time making scratch pizza. Omg this recipe is FANTASTIC! Not to mention easy. Will definitely keep this recipe in my collection. Thank you for sharing!
So I didn't use your "crust" ingredients, but I added the 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese to a pizza crust mix (the 50 cent one from Walmart) and WOW did it take the crust over the top. I will definitely do this from now on. Thanks for posting!
Made this recipe for PAC 2010. Absolutely amazing crust. Will make again. Thanks for sharing.