Recipe by Sage
Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta. A great side dish for that special meal.
Top Review by jane49423
I made this just as written - even had fresh basil and fresh parsley available in the garden. Love anything with pine nuts. It took a bit to get the right amount of salt, but once I did, it was delicious. Might even add some feta cheese next time. Yum!
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo in boiling water until al dente. Drain well and transfer to bowl. Toss with butter, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, basil and parsley.
- Taste to see if you would prefer salt and pepper or a more lemony taste.
- f using dried herbs reduce the amount to 1 Teaspoon each.