Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used to be La Madeleine's DFW catering chef, and the production kitchen cooked all the rotisserie chicken, and I did really like the rub they used. This is an approximation of their rub, with a few ingredients of my own thrown in. This is enough rub for one roasting chicken.
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mixed Italian herbs, including basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Mix the rub ingredients together in a bowl.
- Massage the rub into the chicken and cook until done.
This is a very good rub. Taste very zesty. Will use this again. Thanks for posting.
Yummy! Made lots for Christmas presents. Great on pork, fish and chicken.