Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this and keep it around. A herbed butter is delicious on bread by itself. But you've got to try it on steamed potatoes, fresh veggies, a steak or rubbed all over a chicken before roasting.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb butter, at room temperature (salted or unsalted, I use a butter spread to cut down on calories)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves or 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (concentrate)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or mixing bowl and blend together. Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 1 pound.
I put the spread on some french bread loaves and broiled the bread for 5 min. I also added some mozzarella on the bread. This was amazing. All the spices blended very well together.
I made a half recipe and used about a tablespoon on a large thin slice of baquette as part of my dinner tonight. I think though I would be putting in more herbs and garlic to make them more pronounced, I used dried herbs with the exception of the rosemary which was fresh and doubled the amount of it. I have frozen what is left for now and will add the extra herbs and garlic and see how it goes from there. I did toast the slice of baquette in the oven and did note that the herb taste was more there before cooking it on the slice. Thank you Teri, made for I Recommend (by ElaineAnn).
I made half the recipe, and used some on fresh steamed green beans. It was wonderful. I can't wait to try all your suggestions and find a few more of my own. Made for PAC Fall '07. Thanks for a winning recipe Teri!