Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish resulted from a variation of a plainer garlic chicken scampi. It's quite good and a good way to introduce yourself or someone else to dandelions as they're quite mild in this dish. I use whatever pasta I have on hand--use your favorite. Gather the dandelion leaves before the herb blooms or the resulting taste will be bitter. The servings are normal size but feel free to add ingredients to suit you. This is a fairly flexible dish; you can add more pasta to save on costs or leave out the chicken and use shrimp or all veggies (zucchini, broccoli, or tomatoes are all wonderful).
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry pasta
- 5 large minced garlic cloves, more if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 cup dandelion greens, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Begin to boil noodles in water.
- In separate large frying pan, add fats, herbs, garlic, and chicken.
- Cook chicken until golden.
- Remove chicken from pan and dice into bite size pieces.
- Noodles should be cooked at this point; add to pan.
- Stir chicken mixture and noodles and let cook for 4-5 minutes to allow noodles to soak in favor.
- Add cheese and stir to mix.