Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe in the book "Sunday Night Suppers". I thought it looked a little different but easy and good (it is). It is a chicken salad that doesn't have a mayo dressing. I have used any leftover chicken and green onions or some red onions chopped for the chives. The 1 hour cooking time is time in the fridge.
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup sweet pickle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Skin chicken and cut meat from bones. Slice chicken in thin strips and place in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- In a bowl whisk all the dressing ingredients plus salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over chicken salad and toss. Chill for 1 hour.
- Serve on lettece lined plates.