Recipe by Manami
This dish is easy to prepare and travels well -- perfect for everyday meals and autumn picnics. To save time purchase a rotisserie chicken from the deli to make this entire dish in less than 15 minutes. From Country Living. Did not account for the 1 1/2 hours marinating time. :)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (skinless, about 1 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces hot capocollo or 3 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pickled hot pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 (10 inch) French baguettes
Directions See How It's Made
- TO ROAST THE CHICKEN:.
- Place the chicken, lemon juice, olive oil, 2 teaspoons rosemary, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and roast until cooked through -- about 25 minutes.
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts; set aside.
- TO MAKE THE SANDWICH:.
- Split each of the baguettes horizontally using a serrated knife.
- Stir the mayonnaise and remaining rosemary together and spread on each slice.
- Layer the capocollo, peppers, chicken, and fontina on half of the sliced baguettes.
- Top each sandwich with the remaining slices, cut in half, and serve.