Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple and tasty soft cheese and herb spread. Serve with crusty bread. This cheese can be presented formed into a ball and rolled into toasted walnuts or almonds, or packed into a dish and drizzled with olive oil.
- 4 ounces soft chevre cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients well, and serve either packed into a bowl and drizzled with olive oil, or formed into a ball and rolled into chopped toasted walnuts or almonds.
Excellent! I loved the combo of chevre and cream cheese (I used Neufchatel) - both creamy and tangy. I only had dried marjoram and dill (with fresh parsley) and I cut the marjoram to 1 tsp. Otherwise made as directed. Thanks so much for sharing! [Made for PAC Spring 2011]
Kat, this is an outstanding spread recipe!!!! I luved every single bite of this well composed and super yummy spread! Mmmmm! It is very tasty and creamy with the goats cheese and herbs pairing very nicely! I rolled my mixture into balls, which I coated with crushed flax seeds. That proved a little difficult due to the stickyness of the spread, but was well worth it as the balls looked beautiful and had such a lovely nutty crunchy crust. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderfl appetiser recipe with us! Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #23 June 2010 and the Magic of Herbs Event in the Photo Forum.
This was tasty when I mixed it up last night, but even better after sitting in the fridge overnight. What a great way to use fresh herbs. I used fresh parsley, dill and thyme. I also added just a little cream to help the spreadability. I spread it on pita wedges and on crackers - a winner either way.