Herbed Asparagus W/shiitakes & Parmesan
- Add asparagus to boiling pan of salted water.
- Simmer until tender, about 1 minute..Drain; pat dry.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard mushroom stems; Cut mushrooms into 1/4 inch strips.
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet, add shallots; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, add herbs, salt and pepper; cook an additional minute.
- Transfer asparagus to ovend-proof individual serving platters or gratin or to a large oven-proof platter, keeping stalks in an even row so they can be served easily; sprinkle with shiitakes.
- Top with Parmesan; place platter under hot broiler until cheese is slightly melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.