Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great refreshing summer time drink. This is from the Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook. I just add the lemon. Perfect for sipping on a Southern U.S. veranda.
- 4 lemon herb tea bags (like Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger)
- 4 red herb tea bags (like Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups pure apple juice
- lemon slice
- Steep the tea bags in boiling water for ten minutes, and discard tea bags.
- Combine herb tea with the apple juice and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve over ice with lemon slices.
This was very different from the usual iced tea recipe that I make. For some reason, I didn't care for the apple juice. I thought it gave the tea a strange aftertaste. Glad I tried it though. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Wow this is great stuff ! I used rasberry zinger with the lemon zinger tea because it was the only "red" zinger at my walmart. It is a keeper and we will be having this tea often because we love that there is no need for added sugar. Thank you !
what a refreshing iced tea this is! I used cranberry zinger with orange tangerine zinger tea bags because I only had the fruit variety pack on hand. the taste is delish and this smelled SO good while steeping! the apple juice makes it sweet enough to not use any sugar, which is great seeing as I'm trying to watch my sugar intake for the new year. ;) all in all, this is a keeper that I plan to make again and again! thanks for such a great recipe.