Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a great gift at Christmas time or any other time. You can make it and let it sit and then transfer it to a pretty bottle to give away. You will want to make two so you will have one for yourself. This and olive oil make a great dressing for a salad. You will need one wooden skewer but the list would not permit me to add it, but you will need it.
- You will need a sprig of rosemary to fit the bottle of vinegar; depending on the size of rosemary, you might neet two.
- Usually the thyme sprigs are not big so you will need two.
- At any rate, you can't have too many sprigs for your vinegar.
- Peel about a 5" strip from the lemon with a potato peeler being careful not to get too much of the white.
- Thread the lemon peel here and there on the skewer and add the whole garlic bud.
- Add the skewer and then the sprigs of thyme and rosemary.
- Put a cork in it and let it sit for at least 7 days; but better if it is about 2 weeks.