Recipe by TheDancingCook
Smells divine while cooking, tastes divine while eating. I got this out of a Taste of Home Quick Cooking magazine. Serve with veggie/salad and warm bread.
Top Review by Gail Blue Eyes
Thanks Tara, this was so easy and just delicious. I used about 1 t. minced garlic and 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese because we are total garlic-cheese heads. This is a great week-night, need to get out of the kitchen fast recipe. Husband and kids all enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- In saucepan, saute rice and garlic in margarine/butter until golden brown.
- Stir in water, carrots, boullion, parsley, basil, salt and minced onion.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring in ground beef.
- Transfer into a square casserole dish, cover and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring 2 times.
- Uncover, sprinkle cheddar and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.