Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- Place all ingredients in airtight plastic bag with these directions.
- Mix with 2 cups cold water and 1 tablespoon butter in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring once with a fork.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 12 to 14 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
Perfect to have around for quick dinners! Put it together about a week ago and used it for the first time tonight. (just used half of it.) Served it with your Halibut/fresh tomato sauce and Asparagus/almonds, perfect match, went exceptionally well to finish off the dinner! Nice combination of herbs and onion. Had a Dancer^ dinner night and we really enjoyed it. (finished off dinner with thawed frozen raspberries over vanilla icecream) Thanks for sharing a very usefull recipe.
I used 2 cups vegetable broth in place of the bouillon cubes and water. Other than that, made as listed. This makes a quick and flavorful rice. Thanks for a simple side dish to accompany our meal!
Delicious. This is very easy to make: I just put a cup of long grain, brown rice (not instant) into a medium-sized pot with 2 1/2 cups of water, the bouillon cubes (I use chicken), no salt (there's enough in the bouillon for us), shake in some thyme (powder, not flakes/leaves), and the onion flakes (we leave off the marjoram), bring it to a boil and then turn the heat to low and cover for about 45 minutes to an hour (on gas stove). This rice goes with everything--chicken, beef liver, tuna casserole, whatever!