Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Knocked together in 15 minutes and pretty tasty too. the mustard gives the mushrooms a kick but the herbs can be changed for what ever you wish
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 4 field mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- Mix 40g of the butter with the mustard and then divide the butter between the mushrooms. Grill under a hot grill for 5 - 6 mins and keep warm.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat well. Add herbs and seasoning.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan when the butter is foamy add the eggs.
- Cook omelette to your preferred level of "doneness" and remove from the pan.
- Serve half the omelette with 2 mushrooms and some crusty bread.