Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Good Eats, episode: Artichokes: The Choke is On You, so obviously, this would make a great dip for artichokes, bread, etc.
- 1 bunch parsley
- 118.29 ml packed fresh basil
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 118.29 ml packed fresh oregano
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 whole dried arbol chile
- 4.92 ml whole black peppercorn
- 473.18 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- In a 1-quart mason jar, place all of the herbs, zest, chile and peppercorns. Pour both oils into a saucepan and heat to 200 degrees F. Pour the hot oils into the jar and cover with a kitchen towel. Let stand overnight.
- Place cheesecloth over the top of the jar and replace the outer rim of the lid. Invert and strain oil into desired container.