Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Weekend magazine, Foodcourt column. Did you know that although feta cheese is a good source of calcium, it is very high in sodium content. People with high blood pressure should NOT consume too much of it. A good idea would be to soak the feta cheese in cold water to remove some of the salt from it. Feta cheese also contains high quality protein and a good amount of Niacin(Vitamin B12, if my BIOLOGY is still in my head!) and other B Group vitamins that boost healthy nerves.
- 300 g feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarsely pounded black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 round red chilies, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the feta cheese completely.
- Cut into cubes.
- Sprinkle coarsely pounded pepper over it.
- Place cheese in a jar.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour olive oil over it to cover the cheese completely.
- Cover with an airtight cap lid.
- Gently shake the jar.
- Refrigerate for 5 days before serving.