That is Dr House to you's Note:
from veggie life and missing from their online database.. Make sure you read the bottom note below recipe. This is an Apian, Lacto, Ovo Vegetarian recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 -16 ounces extra firm tofu (waterpacked)
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons coarse ground honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs or 1/3 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- minced fresh garlic, to taste
- 1Cut the tofu into four lengthwise slices.
- 2In bowl whisk sauce ingredients together and set aside to let flavors blend.
- 3In second bowl combine coating and toss to mix. Spread evenly on small plate and set aside.
- 4In wide shallow bowl or a deep plate, combine eggs and water and beat well with fork.
- 5In large nonstick skillet heat oil over med heat. Arrange bowls of egg and coating nearby. Coat 1 slice tofu with egg then to crumb cover surface well then transfer to hot skillet. Repeat until finished.
- 6Cook tofu until crispy. about 2 minutes Flip and crisp other side. Drizzle with sauce at table.
- 7NOTE: To get this tofu to crisp you MUST, I repeat MUST drain. To do this place the tofu on a slant board and place a heavy weight such as a plate and a cookbook on top of the tofu. Let it sit until the water stops running.
- 8You can change the texture of this by freezing the tofu. After freezing drain as directed.
- 9IF you do NOT DRAIN? It will NOT brown or get crispy.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Crusted Tofu With Mustard Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 192.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 14.1 g