Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband created this recipe combining several he had seen online. This was delicious. The 8 month-old baby loved hers pureed with some squash. I estimated the time, but am not sure.
- 3 -4 lbs pork tenderloin (1 or 2 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (2 if fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (2 if fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (2 if fresh)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- prepared stuffing
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 5 pieces bacon
- 1. Cook bacon until crisp. Once cooked & cool, chop finely.
- 2. Thaw and drain spinach.
- 3. In a medium metal bowl on very low heat, combine cream cheese, goat cheese, spinach, & bacon. The heat allows easier mixing.
- 4. Butterfly tenderloin(s).
- 5. Tenderize tenderloin with mallet.
- 6. Place stuffing in tenderloin & tie with kitchen twine.
- 7. Combine rub mixture ingredients and massage onto outside of tenderloin(s).
- 8. Roast tenderloin(s) at 475 deg F for 30 minutes.
- 9. Continue roasting at 400 deg F for 45-60 min or until pork reaches internal temp of 165 deg F.
- 10. Remove and let cool for 20 minutes while pork continues to cook.