Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can be used on steaks, hamburger patties, etc.
- 1 tablespoon butter, slightly softened
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced (or shallot)
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram, minced (or oregano)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Mash butter in a small bowl with the back of a spoon until soft and creamy. Stir in oil until combined. Add chives (or shallot), capers, marjoram (or oregano), lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and place in the freezer to chill.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP;.
- Can be wrapped in plastic wrap and kept in freezer for up to one month.