Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hot and spicy chicken and pasta dish similar to one I had at ESM in Brantford, ON
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (11 ounce) can button mushrooms
- Pound chicken until 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick.
- Mix cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes and all purpose flour.
- Preheat large frying pan with Olive Oil.
- Dredge chicken breasts in seasoning mixture insuring an even coating.
- Brown chicken breasts 4-5 minutes both sides.
- Remove chicken breasts.
- Add Onion and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add green and red pepper saute for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken and add tomato allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare angel hair pasta and serve chicken over top.