Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very good !
Make and share this Heidelberg Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture into an ungreased loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3-inches.
- Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Drain off the excess fat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve on a heated platter.
Made this with sourdough rye bread from the bakery, very heavy. It made a substantial meatloaf that didn't fall apart on me. No caraway seeds but I always have celery seed, and used beef broth instead of beer. Very unique flavor and leftovers will be great in sandwiches. Thanks for sharing Julesong. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
My family enjoys meatloaf so I selected this recipe. The German flavors do come thru and it was a nice spin on plain meatloaf. I did use half ground turkey and half lean beef. The meat mixture was very soft at first so I worked it longer than I normally would. The result was a very moist, but slice-able meatloaf. I served it with Pa Dutch Carrot & Raisin Salad and German-Style Green Beans for German adventure on the ZWT4.