Recipe by LaLa
These are soft, chewy drops of heaven. They're less buttery than the recipe on the Quaker lid, so they rise more. Put them in tupperware and they stay soft forever. With chocolate chips they're really sinful. They last a day in my house.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- chocolate chips, make this simply divine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter baking sheets.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a bowl with mixer, cream butter until fluffy.
- Add dark brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Continue creaming until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla, blend well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture, blend well.
- Stir in oats and raisins, combine well.
- Drop cookies on baking sheets (I make them rather large so they're extra chewy) Bake 12-15 minutes until light golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to wire cooling rack immediately to cool.