Recipe by jenny_aggie07
I adapted this recipe from a Pampered Chef cookbook. The lemony glaze that tops the angel food cake is just devine! We just couldn't get enough of this refreshing cake.
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter into ungreased 9X13, spreading evenly.
- Bake on center rack in oven 35-40 minutes or until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch. Do not underbake.
- Remove from over and invert pan. Cool completely. (Do not remove cake from pan).
- Turn pan upright. Poke holes in cake about 1 and a half inches deep and a half inch apart with a large fork or a wooden skewer.
- Zest one lemon to measure 1 tbs. zest.
- Juice lemon to get 1/4 cup juice.
- In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly pour glaze over cake, spreading evenly.
- Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
- When ready to serve cut into pieces with serrated knife and serve with a dallop of Cool Whip. Pour a spoonful of strawberries and juice over the top of the Cool Whip.