Lemon Pistachio Angel Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Finely grate peel from 2 lemons (save for cake), then squeeze out 1 cup juice. In a medium large sauce pan, whisk sugar with cornstarch. Whisk in lemon juice, eggs and egg yolks until blended. Set over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils, 7 - 10 minutes (cornstarch will prevent it from curdling).
- Remove from heat and stir in cubes of butter until combined. Sieve into a bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap on surface and refrigerate until cold.
- Prepare angel food cake as per instructions, folding in lemon peel at the end. Bake and cool as directed on package. When cake is cooled, cut horizontally in half.
- Place bottom layer on a cake plate and spread with about half of the lemon curd. Place top of cake on curd. Spread top with a layer of curd (there will likely be leftover curd).
- Sprinkle with pistachios and chocolate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!