Recipe by Ashbow
Not your usual bread pudding or bananas foster! Made with angel food cake. Soo rich and delicious! From Relish Magazine.
- 9 ounces angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup spiced rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 firm-ripe bananas, sliced 1/2inch thick
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- low-fat vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread out angel cake cubes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, tossing three times, until lightly toasted and dry. Turn off oven.
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, rum and vanilla extract in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Gently stir in cake cubes and banana slices; pour into an 8-inch square baking dish. Cover dish with foil. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature at room temperature for cake cubes to absorb most of the milk mixture.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue to bake 25 minutes or until pudding is set.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Dust top with confectioners sugar. Server with small scoops of vanilla ice cream.