1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
The beauty of stuff like chili is that you can just dump a whole bunch of stuff in a pot and let it simmer. Voila, chili! You never know when you are going to fall in love with a recipe. My old roommate made this for me 7 years ago and I'm still making it! Smoky, hearty and the beer adds a nice kick. Perfect for leftovers and cold days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package soy crumbles
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, diced
- 6 1/2 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Guinness stout
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes (whole)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2/3 cup cashews (serve as garnish, otherwise it gets mushy when reheated)
- 1Brown the soy crumble with the onions and garlic in some olive oil.
- 2Add the fresh peppers, saute until softened.
- 3Add your spices (or at least half of what you plan to use) to the crumble.
- 4Add chipotle peppers and adobo sauce (to taste).
- 5Add tomatoes & beer; simmer for 15 -20 minutes. Depends on how hungry you are!
- 6Add beans and more seasoning to taste if desired.
- 7Stir it all up.
- 8Simmer over low heat. Longer is always better. (25-40 minutes).
- 9Garnish with cashews.
- 10Serve with cheese and tortillas, you're good to go.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heather's Veggie Chili With Beer
Serving Size: 1 (1160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1007.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 853.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.7 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 42.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo