Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from the book Sabbats by Edain McCoy. I found this book in Books-a-million. It is a lovely book. I hope you enjoy the recipe! This wine has a grassy flavour. Cheers!
- 1 gallon water
- 1 lb fresh heather (upper stalks and flowers only)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Gather 1 lb.
- of fresh heather.
- Use the upper stalks and flowers only.
- Boil the heather with a gallon of water in a large stockpot until the mixture resembles a dark tea.
- If needed, add more stalks and flowers if the colour is weak.
- The mixture should be opaque.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Discard the heather.
- Allow it to cool.
- Once it has cooled completely, add sugar, nutmeg, allspice and lemon juice.
- Pour the new mixture into casks or bottles.
- Serve chilled.