Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this recipe in my new Simple & Delicious Magazine...I want to make this for my first Sunday Dinner I do for family and friends.
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 loaf Italian bread, unsliced
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- In large skillet, cook the sausage, beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste, parmesan cheese, salt, oregano, garlic and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut top third off loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2 inch shell (discard removed bread).
- Line bottomhalf with three mozzarella cheese slices; top with sausage mixture and remaining cheese. Replace bread top. Wrap sandwich loaf in foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.