Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I really like Campbell's Bean and Ham soup, but it's not gluten-free. This recipe helps to satisfy that craving even tho' it isn't exactly the same. I pulled this recipe from a bonus pack from Taste of Home. It doesn't list who submitted the recipe. I added a couple of ingredients as well.
- Rinse and sort beans. Cover with cold water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in a large soup kettle or Dutch oven.
- Add tomatoes, onions, carrots, celery, ham, broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 1-1/2 hours. Add more water if necessary.
- (For a thicker soup, beans may be pureed in a food processor or blender and then returned to the kettle and heated through.) (I used a potato masher and mashed part of the bean mixture to make it thicker).