Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a Taste Of Home cooking school/show that my friends and I attended in the fall of 2001. I have not fixed it, but it keeps resurfacing at the top of my "need to try" pile, so I am posting it here for safekeeping. Let me know what you think if you try it before me!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (14 ounce) cansseasoned beef broth, with onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked mafalda pasta or 1 1⁄2 cups spiral shaped pasta
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- extra cheese, for topping
- In a large skillet, cooke beef with garlic powder until browned; drain.
- Add broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Serve with additional cheese if desired.
This recipe sounded real good and the reviews were good so I decided to try it. However, I now disagree with the 5 star review. I found this soup very lacking in flavor and the parmesan cheese did not blend very well and would get clumpy on your spoon. I gave it 2 stars just because it was edible!
This is a wonderful recipe! It is very filling and tasty. My husband said he would give it 10 stars out of 5. It is very easy to make. I will definately make this again and again.
This was very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used a can of crushed tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes. I also used 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. My kids loved this. Will be making again.