Recipe by Ms Ladybug
I got this recipe from a Taste Of Home cooking school/show that my friends and I attended in the fall of 2001. I have not fixed it, but it keeps resurfacing at the top of my "need to try" pile, so I am posting it here for safekeeping. Let me know what you think if you try it before me!
Top Review by luvlucyhumor
This recipe sounded real good and the reviews were good so I decided to try it. However, I now disagree with the 5 star review. I found this soup very lacking in flavor and the parmesan cheese did not blend very well and would get clumpy on your spoon. I gave it 2 stars just because it was edible!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (14 ounce) cansseasoned beef broth, with onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked mafalda pasta or 1 1⁄2 cups spiral shaped pasta
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- extra cheese, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cooke beef with garlic powder until browned; drain.
- Add broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Serve with additional cheese if desired.