Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
Show: Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller. Episode: Slow It Down
Make and share this Hearty Lamb and Lentil Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lentils, rinsed and picked over to remove debris
- 1⁄2 lb lamb, cubed
- 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients but the parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, remove bay leaves, stir in parsley and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Very good stew. I used 3 carrots sticks and 3 celery sticks for the soup with about 1 lb of lamb. The smell and taste of the stew is amazing. Will definitely make again but will try with 1 1/4 lbs or 1 1/2 lbs of lamb. This recipe makes alot of stew so you will need at least 5 to 7 quart slow cooker to make it (I have 7 quart slow cooker). This stew is light on meat if you use 1/2 lb and still kind of light using 1 lb of lamb. If you want meatier stew, start with 1 lb and if you like your stews light on meat, choose 1/2 lb. Either way does not hurt this stew at all.
I made this specifically for DH (I don't eat lamb) and he LOVED it ~ gave it a 5-star rating!! I used Puy lentils (all I had) and they went well with the mix of vegetables and spices in this dish. Will definitely make this again. Made for the ZINGO round of ZWT5, for the Bodacious Brickhouse Babes !
Hearty, tasty and filling! This made a lot of stew. I made this per the recipe but used closer to 1 lb of diced lamb. The flavors come together nicely and this reheats wonderfully. Thanx!