Recipe by Busy Lindsay
This is easy, filling, and yummy! I always eat way too much of this. Nothing fancy but certainly satisfying.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced fine
- 1⁄3 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 potatoes, sliced no more than a quarter inch thick
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and crushed (stewed tomatoes are great but regular canned tomatoes will work too)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stove, brown ground beef in a medium sauce pan, drain excess fat from pan.
- In a casserole dish, alterante layers of beef and veggies. For example, put half of the cooked ground beef in the casserole dish. Next add half of the onions, celery, and bell peppers. Then add a layer of potatoes. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Repeat layers.
- Top the last layer of ground beef and veggies with crushed tomatoes and the cheese slices.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.