Recipe by ChefDebs
This is great to have on a cold winter night. It makes a bunch, and is very economical. You can add more or less chili powder to taste. I like to throw in some cayenne pepper also, but we like our food spicy. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked diced carrots
- 2 cups cooked diced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onions, garlic and bell pepper in a little oil until soft.
- Add the ground beef and sauté until no longer pink.
- Add the chili powder and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes, covered.
- Add a little extra water if too thick.