One Pot Cowboy Trail Stew
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cut in pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans or (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Brown meat, then add bacon.
- Add onion and cook until soft. Drain.
- Put mixture into a crockpot or large stewpot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.Stir well.
- Simmer four hours or more. The longer the better.
Join The Conversation
This recipe is used in Branson, MO at the Christmas on the Trail show at Shepherd of the Hills. To me it's kind of a cross between chili and stew. And, although I'm not usually a big fan of chili I love this! (I've guessed on servings.) I'll admit... I don't always wait 4 hours. It's good right away, too!