Recipe by Shelton Binkley
I like to use turkey for this recipe so it doesn't have to be drained. However, other ground meats may be used but you'll need to drain away the excess fat.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili hot beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drain and reserve juice)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in a 5 qt sauce pan.
- Add onion & cook until it starts to turn translucent.
- Add both cans of tomatoes & all seasonings.
- Add both cans of beans.
- Mix the juice reserved from the diced tomatoes with the corn starch until you have a smooth slurry. Add to chilli.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.