Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We really enjoy this different combination salad. The dressing is quick and easy to whip together. I played with the amount of lemon juice and found that I like 2T better than 3T. It's a bit thicker and the orange flavor comes through more. I do not use the full amount of palm and artichokes so I have some leftover to use in another salad later. Recipe from Rachael Ray.
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 (15 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- salt & pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Arrange romaine lettuce, hearts of palm and artichokes on a large platter or bowl.
- Combine the marmalade with lemon juice, mustard, season with salt and pepper.
- Wisk the olive oil in slowly.
- Pour dressing over salad evenly and toss.
- Garnish with almonds.
Easy and very tasty. Brought for a Mother's Day lunch to serve with ricotta stuffed shells and was well received by all. Dressing was very good, but I would use less olive oil next time.