From Healthy Appetite on foodnetwork.com. I don't care about the heart shape thing, but the sauce is good! You can top with some Cool Whip free if you wish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
for the strawberry sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 200°F Preheat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over a medium-low flame.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour through salt).
- 3In another medium bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, non-fat milk, honey and vanilla.
- 4Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing only enough to combine them. The batter will be somewhat lumpy.
- 5Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to ladle the batter onto the griddle or skillet. Flip the pancake when the top is bubbling and it is golden brown on the bottom. Then cook until the other side is golden brown. Hold on an oven proof plate in the oven until the entire batch is ready.
- 6Strawberry sauce:.
- 7Puree strawberries in food processor to a chunky puree. Heat them in a small saucepan over a low flame, until they are just warm. Stir in lemon juice and maple syrup.
- 8When all the pancakes are ready, cut them into heart shapes with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- 9Ladle about 1/3 cup of the strawberry sauce onto each plate, place pancakes on top and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if using.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heart Shaped Whole-Wheat Pancakes With Strawberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 555.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 12.4 g