Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy to make and delicious recipe can be used as a dip, a filling for celery sticks, a yummy pita sandwich- and so much more!
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 minced garlic cloves (roast the garlic first for best flavor*)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine the oil, lemon juice, beans, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Serve with pita wedges if desired.
- Easy roasted garlic: Take 4 large cloves of garlic and place onto a medium hot griddle. Cook, turning them every few minutes until soft- be careful and don't burn them!